Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's been a busy week for sure. I've been trying to get to the gym more, and I actually went 3 days in a row which I'm so proud of myself, and then I was going to go a fourth and a fifth, but the rest of the week just got crazy. But I'm excited to go next week. I'm actually trying to really like it. LOL. I'm starting to get stressed about Girls Camp it is coming up in 2 months and I feel like I have nothing done for it. So I tried to focus this weekend on camp stuff. I got a few things done and also Saturday was so beautiful around the mid 70's so Emily and I went to Thanksgiving Pointe to their Tulip Festival and it was a lot of fun. Pictures will be posted soon, my camera battery died so I need to charge it so I can down load the pictures. It was a lot of fun and got some great pictures taken. We might even be in the Salt Lake Tribune. We were minding our own business and taking one of our many self portraits that we always take and a guy from the Tribune took a picture of us taking a picture of ourselves because they were doing an article on the festival. We thought it was funny. Emily and I always have a good time together. And of course we both put our both of our feet in our mouth. We were talking about lesbians that I had seen at the gym, and how we don't understand how girls can like girls, and there were two gay guys walking behind us and they stopped us and asked us where you enter the festival, and of course I was like oh, sorry did you hear our conversation about how we don't understand how girls can like girls when we can choose men. Well as I was saying it it dawned on us that they were gay. They were nice about it though they were like good luck figuring out lesbians. Yeah I don't think I ever will or ever want to. If people want to live that way then so be it, I just don't like to see it. I do have a friend at work that is. And I respect her and her life, she even talks about it which is fine. I'm trying to be more open about other people's lifestyles as long as they don't try to push it on me then I'm cool. Enough about that topic.

Life is great. Starting to get busy finally. Not only am I am the camp director I also got put in as the Beehive Advisor and I'm so excited. I love that age and I only have two girls so hand-outs are going to be fabulous. LOL.

2 comments:

Chefwife said...

You are so funny! I don't understand lesbians either, and especially gay men. But you are funny. I'm glad things are going so well and I'm gonna check out the Trib this weekend. :)

Christa said...

You need to update your blog chica!!